The world we live in has changed as a result of Covid-19 and, at Springburn Farmhouse, we want to assure our guests that we are doing everything possible to prevent the spread of the virus.
We are fortunate our rural location means that whilst at Springburn, guests will come into contact with no-one other than our staff and other guests. To assist with safeguarding the health of guests we will be limiting the number of rooms occupied to ensure all guests are able to observe appropriate social distancing. Fortunately, we have extensive public areas in our lounge, sitting hallway and dining room to give guests ample space to relax in safety and comfort.
Furthermore, all of our rooms have a seating area where guests can relax and unwind at the end of the day if they feel they do not want to use our resident’s public areas.
In addition, the following measures will be taken to ensure the health and well-being of guests.
- Face coverings are mandatory for staff and for guests when using communal areas of the property – other than when seated for meals or drinks.
- We have introduced an enhanced cleaning and disinfection regime paying particular and regular attention to frequently touched surfaces
- Breakfast service is being varied to remove self-serve buffet options. Breakfast orders will be taken the night before and will be brought to your table in the dining room. We will offer the option of breakfast being served in guest rooms if preferred.
- Social distancing guidelines must be observed throughout public areas and we would ask all guests to follow posted instructions and to observe and respect the social distance from other guests and staff.
- Hand sanitiser is available at the entrance to the resident’s lounge and use of this product is compulsory for all guests and staff entering the property.
- Hand sanitiser is provided in your bathroom and we would ask that you use this and wash your hands thoroughly before re-entering communal areas.
- A further supply of hand sanitiser is provided at the entrance to the dining room and, again, we would ask guests to use this when entering and when leaving the dining room.
- We will provide a supply of antibacterial cleaner and disposable towels in your bathroom to allow you to sanitise your luggage or any other items within your room during your stay.
- Unfortunately, we may not be able to provide early check in to allow us the time required to ensure all enhanced cleaning and sanitising work has been carried out in full.
- For stays of more than one consecutive night, during this period of higher risk, and in order to respect your personal space, we will not perform room service during your stay unless you request us to do so. However, new towels and other supplies will be available on request.
- Some decorative items in bedrooms will be removed to minimise the number of items capable of transmitting the virus. Beds will always offer freshly and hygienically laundered linen.
- Check in and check out will be carried out following social distancing guidelines. Payments will be processed remotely via the credit card of your choice and receipts issued by email.
We thank our guests for acting in a socially responsible manner during this time and would ask all to follow the simple requests outlined above but please also note the following;
- By checking into Springburn Farmhouse, you will be deemed to have understood and accepted these guidelines.
- Any guests we find not following these requests will be asked to leave the premises to safeguard the health of other guests and staff.
- If you, or anyone in your party, start showing any symptoms of Coronavirus (repetitive cough, fever, loss of sense of small or taste, difficulty breathing) we would ask you, or someone in your party, to notify us immediately and remain isolated in your bedroom to await further instructions.
- We require you to provide full contact details prior to your stay in line with Government guidelines to comply with Track and Trace protocols.
- We would suggest that you bring a face covering on your trip as face coverings are mandatory on public transport and in retail outlets in Scotland.
These additional arrangements could lead to extra time being required to provide our service to you, but this is in everyone’s interests and we ask for your co-operation.
At Springburn Farmhouse, we are committed to offering a high standard of service and facilities to ensure you have a relaxing and enjoyable stay and we are confident that the necessary guidelines outlined above will not detract from a memorable stay.